Thanks so much, hatterell for tagging me! See her post here! –>
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
- List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post
Here are the questions that hatterell asked me:
1. What was the last book that you read and reviewed?
The last book I read and reviewed was Flipped Out. It was a well-loved little paperback that I mooched from a user on Bookmooch.com. A couple renovates a little cottage only to find a dead body there one day. I wish I could say that I liked it more than I actually did. I reviewed it on Goodreads, but not on my blog.
2. Last book you DNF’d?
I always finish books. I don’t say that to sound smug because it’s actually a handicap. I feel so guilty not finishing bad books just on the off chance that they will get better! I know, I know, other readers have counseled me against this, but I haven’t been brave enough yet to just put a bad book down and move on.
3. Last book you gave 5*?
4. What’s your favourite blog post that you’ve written this year?
Since I only started blogging this year, I have a pretty small pool to choose from. But I would have to say that I like all the ones that have comments! LOL Plus, probably my review of Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi because I so enthusiastically loved that book that I could probably have reviewed it forever.
5. What’s your favourite song at the moment?
I’m in a rare season right now where I honestly don’t have a favorite song. That is rare for me! But the last song I called my favorite – a while ago now… Lights Down Low by MAX. I know, it’s ancient.
6. And the last album that you really adored?
I haven’t listened to a whole album – can we still call them that? – in so long that it’s embarrassing. Especially considering that not that long ago my CD collection was spilling from the walls!
7. Do you want to write your own book someday? (If you have writing published anywhere please link it!)
I have written down ideas for at least 10 books throughout the years. If one of those ever becomes interesting enough (read, non-corny) to me, I wouldn’t mind trying to write it.
8. What are some other hobbies you have besides reading?
I love puzzles (physical puzzles with the little pieces), making bracelets, binge-watching Netflix shows, and trying to keep up with my daughter as she blazes through soccer, art club, girl scouts, etc.
9. Are you in any form of education at the moment? If so, what are you studying?
Only in the sense that life is its own form of education. 😉
10. Next book you want to read?
It’s SO hard to choose! I have a little jar on my bookshelf with tiny slips of paper that have the name of one of my books on each piece. Each month, I draw out a few of these slips to create my TBR (along with whatever new book I just bought, what came in from my library holds, etc.). I hope City of Bones comes up this next month because I’ve been trying to get around to that one for a while now.
11. A book and a TV show that you think are underrated and deserve more attention?
Book: How to Walk Away by Katherine Center. It got a little social media buzz, and I think it’s doing well, but this book really stuck with me after reading it because it was encouraging and meaningful.
TV show: I don’t know if this qualifies for low buzz, but I definitely love Black Mirror on Netflix. It is everything I love in a show, engaging from the first scene, varied, creepy, mind-screwing, and re-watchable!
And here are my questions:
- Favorite childhood book?
- How many books are on your TBR at this moment?
- What’s the highest number of books you’ve read in one year?
- What’s your idea of the best vacation/holiday?
- What’s the worst book you’ve ever read and why?
- Are you a Bookstagrammer? If so, what’s your account name?
- If you could make everyone in the world read one book, which one would it be?
- Do you ever re-read? What types of books are worthy of re-reads?
- What is the last book you gave 5 stars?
- Which book would you like to see made into a movie?
- What is one weird thing about your reading habits that almost no one knows?
Please tag me if you end up participating – I’d love to see your responses!
-TPSquared (Tiffany) at That New Book Smell